No guarantees are given or implied as to the suitability of this material for any purpose whatsoever.

Information herein is presented for amusement or entertainment only. Any inadvertant use of Trademarks is accidental and not an endorsement or otherwise of a product.

Updated August 12, 2010

This page will constantly be under construction, come back again ! 

My 1930 Ford coupe, Exhaust system Updated 12-Aug-2010


Like most things on my car, I try to have a go making them myself if possible. What have I got to lose. Yes, I know, TIME. My car has consumed 9 years so far. A lot because of my desire to do things myself, some from lack of interest after such a period, but I am getting there !!

These pages written with Dreamweaver.

If you get overlapping text, goto "View" in your browser and then "Textsize", Medium.


These pages are hosted by
The pipes run basically down the centre of the car with some turns to clear the gearbox and tube chassis members etc. Since my master cyclinder and battery are under the car, I had to avoid them also. Lot's of fun.........
I bought stainless flanges to do the joins, first polishing them at home and fitting to the mufflers and pipes, The whole system was initially only tack welded together and a number of times, I had to "un-tack" sections to make it run better etc. Quite a frustrating job really. I have a "pit" in my shed which made life a lot easier but I now have a lot more respect for muffler shops. At the end of each day, my arms were aching from holding things up in the air !. I had no assistance with this, so holding and tacking had to be done under the car, alone.

The front section of the car was relatively easy, but the rear presented some challenges. I wanted the pipes to go over the axle and this proved to be difficult as space here is very tight. This is the easy side. Eventually, I managed to get both sides done, with fairly good symmetry.

For supports, I used some little red items I picked up in 2001 in the USA. These are quite cheap and are are a male/female type construction. You sandwich the support in between with a bolt through the middle. For the actual supports, I used large 2 large stainless washers welded togehter for the "red" end and welded a 6mm piece of stainless rod to the washer. The other end of the rod is then either welded or bolted to the pipes, mufflers as required. In all I have 3 support areas. One after the gearbox, (about 10" before the mufflers) one behind the mufflers in a twin arrangement and the last one just before the exit from the rear of the car.

Still to be trimmed off, here is the back of the car. I currently have the pipes exiting about 1/2" below the edge of the body. I may increase this slightly.

Final decision is whether to fit the slight downturns. I think they finish off the look, others say they kick up the dust behind the car.